Feb 5, 2010

Shah Rukh Khan’s My Name is Khan: A copy of Forrest Gump?

Once, in an interview, Shah Rukh Khan has said that if given a chance he would like to make and work in 'Forrest Gump', because its one of his all time favorite movies.

Now, next week, his movie My Name is Khan (MNIK) is going to release. You may not get to hear it from anyone, but, from the very first day MNIK's promo came on TV, I have a strong feeling that it is somewhat inspired from the Forrest Gump, the 1994 Oscar sweeper, and one of the finest movie ever made. I know its kind of 'allegation', because this movie is yet to release, that is why I was refraining from writing this article, but now, I am throwing the ball in your court, and decide whether I am right or wrong. Just read on:

# Shah Rukh suffers from Asperger syndrome, a disability in which a person is not able to socialize with others. In FG too, Tom Hanks was mentally disturbed.

# In the promo of MNIK, it is shown how he proposes Kajol, whom he loved, but there was some hiccups. Similarly, Tom Hanks used to think that he was not that smart, so he also felt shy in proposing her.

# Tom has a weird accent in it (rather let me rephrase) due to the disability, he had some problem in talking and expressing himself. Similar thing is shown in MNIK promo where somewhat stammers.

# Shah Rukh is shown running blindly to meet the US president. In FG Tom Hanks run is world famous (run Forrest run!!), and moreover Forrest he meets JFK.

The biggest thing is the feel of the movie, which I cant explain in words, but it does remind Forrest Gump. I would like to make it clear that no one can recreate the magic of Forrest Gump, forget Karan Johar. Let's wait for the next Friday; truth will come out before everyone.
Source: http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/shah-rukh-khan%E2%80%99s-my-name-is-khan-a-copy-of-forrest-gump-2010020534650

1 comment:

  1. Tom Hanks and JFK both are citizen of USA... and so with the own words of SR: "It does matter what I will do ever I am proud to be and India, a browny."
    Well, we will see what for surprices and messages Karan, Kajol and SR give us with this film. Bless you all .. cheers

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top