Feb 7, 2010

Shiv Sena never asked for an apology, says SRK

RELIVED MAN: Shiv Sena has said that the party won't oppose Shah Rukh Khan's films.

Shah Rukh Khan seems to have sorted out things with the Shiv Sena leadership without having to apologise for his remarks backing Pakistani players and asking for their inclusion in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

In an exclusive interview with CNN-IBN Editor-in-Chief Rajdeep Sardesai, Shah Rukh says he hasn't changed his stand on Pakistani. Shah Rukh also claimed that no apology had been sought so there was no need to give one.

CNN-IBN: The Shiv Sena has said that they will not disrupt your film My Name Is Khan and you have said that you are ready to have a drink with the Thackerays.

Shah Rukh Khan: I think somewhere having relationships with Uddhavji (Uddhav Thackeray) and Balasaheb, we still have been conversing through TV interviews but I heard one of his where he said there was never an apology demanded. From my point of view there was no reason, just a misinterpretation or maybe they've misunderstood what I've said.

CNN-IBN: How will you respond to those who say you've had a deal between you and the Thackerays, they will not disrupt the film, you will not say anything against them. How would you respond to those who say that this is a deal which has been stage managed for publicity for your film.

Shah Rukh Khan: I haven't said anything against any group. For me to change that stand would be then I would be saying so I haven't said anything anti-anyone. What was said was as a free thinking Indian. As far as stage managed etc, is concerned, you have been in the business long enough you know this can't be stage managed.

CNN-IBN: Are you willing in a sense as some would suggest to apologise to the Thackerays for your statements where you said Pakistani players should play in the IPL.

Shah Rukh Khan: Unfortunately we are conversing through TV and I heard Uddhavji say that there was never an apology demanded or asked for and I have stated the same thing. I don't realise what is there to apologise. He kind of said on the TV that if I explain myself which I did at the airport that I'm talking about pro relations with countries, neighbouring or otherwise, I am not pro any other country except my own and I think yes, I do stand by sports, arts, culture. I think that should be untouched by politics & I think we blame a group of people or a nation for the acts of some of them.

CNN-IBN: But no formal apology?

Shah Rukh Khan: I very, very clearly want to say there is no reason to apologise, it's just a big fuss. I think it would be nice if everything went off peacefully without anyone having to lose their self respect or the ideology for that matter.

Source: http://ibnlive.in.com/printpage.php?id=109822&section_id=8

1 comment:

  1. I m really very surprise Shahrukh have not raised up the fact that Mumbai is only for Mumbaikar earlier he proclaims that Mumbai is for everyone and he has been shocked after hearing all those comments that has been passed by Thackeray trio and Mansa.... I think Shahrukh needs to watch Rahul Gandhi.. I hope the mere reason is the release of My name is Khan is in Line.....

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top