Feb 3, 2010

Shah Rukh defiant

As the controversy over Shah Rukh's comments snowballed, the actor said he was "saddened" by it and that it was "highly unhealthy, undemocratic and insensitive" on the Sena's part.

"It is very unfortunate. I think it is unhealthy, undemocratic and highly insensitive. But I guess one has to get used to these things around you. I kind of feel that what I feel and say to youngsters is as an Indian and I am proud to be that. If some situations like this arises, though I wish it didn't, I wish everything settles down...But yes, I do feel saddened by controversies like these," he told reporters.

Shah Rukh was in New York with co-star Kajol to ring the opening bell of Nasdaq, the world's biggest stock exchange, to promote Karan Johar's forthcoming film "My Name Is Khan". The duo became the first Indian actors to ring the bell, an honour usually reserved for CEOs of major corporations.

"My Name Is Khan", one of the most awaited films this year, is set to release Feb 12.

Asked about the ban that the Shiv Sena plans to impose on "My Name Is Khan" in Mumbai, Shah Rukh said: "The controversy is with me and my statement. It has nothing to do with Karan (Johar), Kajol or the film. I stand up for my comments...there is no excuse for having said what I said and I am proud that I have a take like that."
Source: http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/news/Shiv-Sena-keeps-up-offensive-Shah-Rukh-defiant/articleshow/5530211.cms

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top