Aug 26, 2009

It's worth giving the KKR job a shot: Akram


Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram expressed his keenness to coach the Kolkata Knight Riders [ Images ] and said he was scheduled to meet the IPL franchise owner Shah Rukh Khan [ Images ] on Sunday to discuss the assignment.

wasim akramThe former tearaway said he has received a call from Shah Rukh's secretary, inviting him for a "chat" to discuss a coaching assignment with the Knight Riders on August 30.

"Sunday, I will be there for sure and I am keen. I am ready. Check me out," said Akram, who has emerged as a strong contender for the job.

"I have never done formal coaching before. It is a different skill and is honed over a period of time. It requires a lot of patience and that is something I have acquired over a period of time. I came to Delhi [ Images ] to teach bowling skills to youngsters and that was a good experience. So it's worth giving the KKR job a shot," he told 'Mobile ESPN'.

Asked if was aware that he was vying with the likes of John Wright [ Images ] and Richard Pybus to replace John Buchanan [ Images ], Akram said he was confident about passing on his valuable experience to players.

"I have played 20 years of international cricket. I have played alongside Sourav Ganguly [ Images ] and Chris Gayle [ Images ]. I will be able to pass on some skills and techniques with the on-field experience I have. That's me," he said.

Interestingly, former Kiwi captain and ex-India coach right is meeting Shah Rukh on the same day as Akram to explore options for the high-profile job.

"I will tell him what I am capable of. The rest is his call. He will surely do my homework. It's great that a non-cricketing man is taking so much interest. He's a smart guy," Akram said.

On who should captain the KKR, Akram's choice was clear.

"Ultimately, the management should decide who should lead the side, but according to me, (Sourav) Ganguly is the man. He has been India's best skipper and is the senior-most member of the side, who can command the respect of the team," said Akram.

Source: Rediff

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top