Sep 30, 2009

SRK to run for Delhi

Dilli ka munda, ya, that's me. I was born here, in Talwar Nursing Home. I lived here for more than two decades in Rajinder Nagar.
Shah Rukh Khan




It is here that I studied, met Gauri for the first time and even started my career with serials like Fauji and Dil Darya. I remember I used to be the galli cricket champion. We used to play between parked vehicles and dodge cycle rickshaws. In between all this, we would still manage to remain focussed on the game. It did not matter how narrow the bylanes of Rajinder Nagar were or how much traffic there would be on the roads. What mattered most to us was the score. Those memories are still fresh and never fail to bring a smile to my face.

When Airtel invited me to be part of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on November 1, I simply could not resist it. The very idea of coming back to my own house, returning to the same streets and mingling with Dilliwalas while they take to the streets was extremely tempting. It almost feels like Delhi has got its very own carnival. And I can't miss it for anything.

I saw the marathon on television last year. It almost looked like people had left behind their daily chores and shed all inhibitions for the sheer joy of running on the streets. It was almost like everyone had become a child again.

So Dilliwalas, on, November 1, I will be here. Join me!
Source: Times of India

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top