Mar 1, 2010

Amar Talks About Shahrukh Khan's Love for 'Bombay Billionaire'

Recently Amar has been busy promoting her new album "Show It Off" and it seems like she sexy songstress has caught Shahrukh Khan's attention!

We caught up with Amar to talk about her trip and SRK's love!

DH!: You have been traveling in India to promote your album "Shot It Off," how has the trip been? Were you able to take in any sites or explore the night life?

Amar: I wish! I literally had no time to do anything like sightseeing or partying out there, my schedule was so packed. I would wake up, eat my toast or my masala dosa, and head out to interviews, TV and radio. The traffic in Mumbai and Delhi is horrendous so I'd be stuck on the road for a lot of the day going in between places. Then back to the hotel to sleep and back on the road again early in the morning. The trip mission was getting my album out there, and doing lots of interviews, so the mission was successful. The Indian press and media were lovely to me.... All of the interviews are going to be aired in March.

DH!: Were there any artists or actors/actresses you were able to meet up with during the trip?

Amar: There was no sign of them...I thought I would at least see Salman Khan going for a run on the beach or Shahrukh Khan's laundry hanging out to dry, as we were staying very close to their homes, but no sign of any of them...I couldn't believe it. Actually I did meet Madhavan in the Radio 1 studios in Mumbai one of the days I went in for an interview, he was looking a little stressed...and one night I performed at Prive which is a Mumbai club for the 'cool' kids in town, and I saw Aditya Narayan in the crowd having a little dance. It was my last trip to India when I was able to meet up with more people, that trip I met Abhishek Bachchan and Sunil Shetty, who are both extremely charming!

DH!: How did Shahrukh Khan come across your music?

Amar: I had heard that Nihal was going to interview SRK, before the show took place, and that his plans were to play him four songs from his Radio 1 show to see what he thought of them, eventually asking him to pick a favorite. I know that one of the songs that he was going to play to him was "Bombay Billionaire." I missed the show as I was in India when it aired, but I heard it online the other day.

DH!: What did Shahrukh have to say about "Bombay Billionaire?"

Amar: He asked Nihal if I had an album out, then said he thought the track was awesome and cool and that he wanted to meet me...he then chose the track as one of his favorites out of the tracks played to him! Sweet eh?

DH!: How does it feel to hear such praise from an actor like SRK?

Amar: I do have mountains of respect for him and his artistry so it was great to hear him show respect to mine...but of course, whoever is praising you, SRK, one of your fans, your family, or WHOEVER, it always feels good to be praised, right? But yeah, I am a fan of SRK, a big fan, so it felt pretty amazing!

Well Amar is truly busy as she is sharing her music with the world. Who would have thought that King Khan was a fan of Urban Desi tunes? Maybe it was the addition of Sonu Niigaam on "Bombay Billionaire" that did it! If you haven't already checked out Amar's album, check it out here and be sure to buy it on iTunes.


Source:http://www.desihits.com/news/view/shahrukh-khan-is-a-fan-of-amar-s-20100301

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top