Aug 4, 2010

Sukhwinder sings for SRK

Playback singer Sukhwinder Singh has recorded a song to be lip-synched by Shah Rukh Khan in Ra.One. This is Singh's third song for Khan in 13 years. Chaiyya chaiyya (Dil Se..) and Haule haule (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) were chartbusters.

Would this song hit high notes too? "I'm not an astrologer, so I can't predict that. With my experience as a playback singer for the last 15-16 years, I know that this song, like the previous two, matches Shah Rukh's personality and might become synonymous with Ra.One," asserts Singh.

The song has been composed by South stalwart Ilayaraja. "It's the first time in my career that I recorded a song for nine hours, non-stop. The song is worth our effort because it sounds fresh and different from the work I've done lately. It's quite subdued," Singh adds.

Sukhwinder SinghSporting encounter
Singh also recorded the title track for Chak De! India, which featured Shah Rukh Khan but he didn't lip-sync it. The playback singer is not disappointed. "The song was filmed in such a way that it still had Shah Rukh's energy and the enthusiasm of the girls in the hockey team. It was their anthem. Had it been picturised only on Shah Rukh, it wouldn't have translated well on screen and the country-wide impact the song made would have been lost," explains Singh.

So, which South stalwart does he prefer: Oscar-winner AR Rahman or Ilayaraja? Singh answers diplomatically, "It's unfair to compare their style of working or their compositions. I've worked closely with Rahman and he hasn't changed as a person and professional. Ilayaraja is someone I learnt tremendously from in the course of this song."
Singh, popular for his high-pitched numbers, was expected to be present for the launch of the Rafi Academy in the city on the weekend. "I'm a Rafi fan. On Saturday, I was stuck somewhere and couldn't make it to the launch," he grouses. "I'm happy that his son has opened an avenue for youngsters to learn music and learn about the rare gem, Mohd Rafi."
Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwinder-sings-for-SRK/Article1-582118.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top