Aug 31, 2011

I haven't understood my success as an actor: Shah Rukh Khan

He has reached the pinnacle of success as an actor in the Hindi film industry and is hailed as the 'King' of Bollywood, but Shahrukh Khan says he fails to understand the reason behind his popularity.

The 45-year-old actor, who rose to fame through his hard work without any film connections, says he has never been able to analyse how he became a movie star.
"I've never understood why I succeeded as an actor. I went from Delhi to Mumbai at the age of 22 and eventually became a movie star, but I've never been able to analyse my success," said Shahrukh.

His parents died when he was young and the 'Ra. One' star says he does films to make them proud and this target makes him invincible in the industry.

"I wanted to make movies so big that my parents can see my success from above. No one can compete with me because no one else has this target," said SRK, who was in the capital to launch management guru Arindam Chaudhuri's new book 'Thorns to Competition'.
The actor, who began his Bollywood journey with the film 'Deewana' in 1992 and went on to deliver hits like 'Dil To Pagal Hai' and 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', said he is obsessed about his career and does everything for himself.

"I am obsessed about my career. I do my job for me, not for anyone - not for my son or daughter or wife. I want to die in the flash of lights from the camera - that's how obsessed I am," he said.

From endorsing men's fairness creams to dancing at weddings, Shahrukh has broken a number of conventions and has no qualms in admitting that he does all that to earn money.
"I don't come for free so I am very cheap. You can make me do an item number in films, dance at a wedding, do street theatre as long as it makes people smile. I sell dreams, I think I can sell anything. Life comes with a price tag and a little money makes living easier."

Source: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/187510/i-havent-understood-my-success.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top