Feb 7, 2013

'I DO NOT COMPETE WITH ANYONE'

One doesn't have to be a die-hard Shah Rukh Khan fan to know how as a young man from Delhi he came to rule Bollywood without a 'godfather' in the industry.

From the teleserial Fauji where he played a young army man, to his last project Jab Tak Hai Jaan, SRK has come a long way. His energy, hard work, wit, charisma and strong self-belief make him what he is – King Khan. In an interview with Muscat Daily, SRK speaks about his journey and his February 13 show in Muscat.

Are you looking forward for your show in Muscat?

I have been to Muscat before. However, this time I will be there for doing a show, which will be a big one. I have performed in Gulf countries earlier and the love I have received from the region has been incredible. Entertaining Indians who are faraway from home is always a pleasure. I hope to give my best and be able to entertain the people of Oman. The shooting of a film depends on the script. If the story demands it, we will shoot in Oman.

 

Oman is know for its natural beauty. Are there any plans to shoot a film in Oman?

There are One of my upcoming movies will be shot in the region. When I was young and staring my career, like every other young man, I was always looking for big production houses and big directors. But now, I try to focus more on content, because it is the soul of a movie. Some small-budget but interesting movies that are lined up for me in the coming few years.

What are the three most important things in your life?

I put my family on top of everything. I am blessed with two beautiful children and a lovely wife. I have got a lot in this life, and never ever in my wildest dreams did I think that I will receive so many things.

The second thing is acting. I am very passionate about my work, and I always get a kick whenever I am facing the camera, be it for a film, a commercial or for television. I never ever feel that I am going for work because I love what I do.

The last thing is ideas. I have a lot of ideas and now that my children have a grown up, I can focus on these ideas which will help enrich our society and country.

 

With so many youngsters coming into the industry, do you feel threatened?

I drive a car that has its own gears and travels its own route. I do not compete with anyone. I am an actor and I want to excel as an artiste. I try to do films that have different contents, ranging from romance, anti-hero, superhero and patriotic films. I try to excel as an actor with different roles to which I try to do justice. The range has been wide, from Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Ra.One and Jab Tak Hai Jaan. I believe that when the economy of a country does well, it is shown in its movies. Suddenly, we hear about the popularity of Korean movies.

What has been the role and contribution of Indian films across the globe?

Similar is the case for India. We are doing well economically, hence our films are going global as well. Films have also helped spread India's different cultural aspects, like the Indian festival Karwa Chauth which has been shown in films.




source: http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Features/I-do-not-compete-with-anyone-20ll#.URNVb1BD40w.twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 ::: Welcome To ShahRukh Khan News Blog (unofficial) ::: | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top